LOOGOOTEE — Noah E. Wagler, 90, died at 4:45 a.m. Tuesday at the Marvin Eicher residence in Loogootee. Born Aug. 29, 1922, in Daviess County, he was the son of Eli and Eliza (Schrock) Wagler. He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He is survived by six daughters and sons-in-law, Fannie and Marvin Eicher, Mary and Enos N. Graber, all of Loogootee, Barbara Ann and Loren Graber of Montgomery, Eliza Ruth and John Wagler of Abbyville, S.C., Christina and David L. Wagler of Montgomery, and Magdalene and Alva Wagler of Loogootee; five sons and daughters-in-law, Eli and Diane Wagler of Odon, Vernon and Deliah Wagler of Montgomery, Samuel and Margaret Wagler of Odon, Reuben Wagler of Odon, and William and Mildred Wagler of Loogootee; one brother, Ben Wagler of Montgomery; two sisters-in-law, Mary Knepp and Verda Wagler, both of Montgomery; 52 grandchildren; 97 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; and four stepgrandchildren. His wife, Emma (Graber) Wagler, died May 1, 2006. His parents; one son-in-law, John Wagler; six grandchildren; five brothers; and one sister are also deceased. The funeral will be at 9 a.m. Thursday at the Alva J. Wagler residence in Loogootee. Burial will be in Wagler Cemetery. Visitation is at the Alva J. Wagler residence until time of service on Thursday. Arrangements are being made through Brocksmith-Blake and Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery.
Aug. 29, 1922 - Sept. 4, 2012
- Funerals LOIS DYER -- The funeral for Lois P. Dyer was at 11 a.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, with Bro. Matt Huffman officiating. Burial was in New Veale Creek Cemetery. Pallbearers were Frank Smith, Nathan Smith, Brock Smith, Todd Smith, Colto
- Ira Evans Ira Evans, 57, of Washington, died at 9:14 p.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Funeral services will be at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home. Ira Evans
- Devan Burris Devan K. Burris, 17, of Washington, passed away at 2:32 a.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Oct. 15, 1996, in Vincennes, he was the son of Tammy (Canary) Burris and Kevin Lawyer. He had attended Washington High School and loved video game
- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger LOOGOOTEE -- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger, 79, died at 12:41 a.m. Sunday at her home. She was born to John and Jessie (Barry) Bindner in Indianapolis on Sept. 28, 1934, the youngest of nine children. Her father, John, passed away when Mariann was 4 yea
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, went to be with her Lord at 5 p.m. Thursday at Select Care Hospital in Evansville after a long and courageous battle with cancer. Born June 9, 1939, in Bridgeport, Conn., she was the daughter of Jacob Frederic an
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- More Obituaries Headlines