LOOGOOTEE — Malcolm E. Allen, 78, died at 6:50 p.m. Sunday at Martin County Health Care and Rehab Center in Loogootee. Born Jan. 19, 1934, in Daviess County, he was the son of George and Clara May (Jackman) Allen. A 1953 graduate of Alfordsville High School, he was a member of the Loogootee Christian Church. He was a U.S. Army veteran and had retired from Jasper Desk Company. He enjoyed fishing, hunting and was an avid Indiana University basketball fan. He is survived by his wife, Donna L. (Lee) Allen, whom he married Aug. 14, 1955; one sister, Judy (Bowman) Carlton and husband Dennis of Benton, Ill.; special friends, Megan Mitchner and her daughters Mayson and Madyson Simmons, all of Loogootee; along with three nephews and two nieces. He is preceded in death by his parents; stepmother, Huetta Allen; stepfather, Charles W. Harrington; and one brother, Jack Bowman. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Loogootee Christian Church. Burial will be in Goodwill Cemetery. Visitation is from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee and after 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
Jan. 19, 1934 - Nov. 18, 2012
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- More Obituaries Headlines