WASHINGTON — Margaret Ann Gingerich, 86, of Washington, died at 5:45 a.m. Monday at Washington Nursing Center. Born March 2, 1926, in Dow City, Iowa, she was the daughter of George and Laura (Wilder) Houston. She was an accomplished artist and enjoyed flowers, gardening, crocheting and quilting. She was a 1944 graduate of Dow City High School and a member of Providence Mennonite Church in Montgomery. She is survived by three sons, David and wife Sue Gingerich of Washington, Donald and wife Rita Gingerich of Gratiot, Ohio, and Michael and wife Marilyn Gingerich of McConnelsville, Ohio; two sisters, Connie Wood and Helen Spreng, both of Dow City; four brothers, Roger Houston, Tom Houston, both of Dow City, Kenny Houston of Jacksonville, Fla., and Jerry Houston of Dow City; six grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren. Her husband, George Gingerich, whom she married July 19, 1944, died Dec. 3, 1999. Her parents; one son, George Richard Gingerich; stillborn twins; and 13 brothers and sisters, are also deceased. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Providence Mennonite Church in Montgomery. Burial will be in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee. In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to Providence Mennonite Church. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
March 2, 1926 - Dec. 3, 2012
- Ruth Grannan Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines