LOOGOOTEE — Beulah F. Carrico, 86, died at 6 a.m. Thursday at Northwood Good Samaritan Center in Jasper.
Born March 10, 1926, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of George B. and Julia (Acton) Patterson.
She was a 1945 graduate and valedictorian of St. John High School in Loogootee. She was a member of St. John Catholic Church and was a former member of the Rebekah Lodge.
A former eucharist minister, she taught religion and catechism. She enjoyed playing bingo, cards and embroidering.
On Jan. 7, 1947, she married Emil D. Carrico and he preceded her in death on June 29, 2001.
Survivors include two sons, Dave Carrico of Huntingburg and Luke Carrico of Loogootee; two daughters, Julia A. Beck of Ireland, Ind., and Susan Holt of Loogootee; a brother, George Patterson of Loogootee; a sister, Gloria Hart of Loogootee; 22 grand-children; 37 great grandchildren; and 4 great great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sons, Donald and Timothy Carrico; a daughter, Becky Carrico; a grandson, Keith Rogers and a great grandson, Seth Holt.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. John Catholic Church with burial in the church cemetery.
Visitation will be from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home.
Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines