LOOGOOTEE — Beulah F. Carrico, 86, died at 6 a.m. Thursday at Northwood Good Samaritan Center in Jasper.
Born March 10, 1926, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of George B. and Julia (Acton) Patterson.
She was a 1945 graduate and valedictorian of St. John High School in Loogootee. She was a member of St. John Catholic Church and was a former member of the Rebekah Lodge.
A former eucharist minister, she taught religion and catechism. She enjoyed playing bingo, cards and embroidering.
On Jan. 7, 1947, she married Emil D. Carrico and he preceded her in death on June 29, 2001.
Survivors include two sons, Dave Carrico of Huntingburg and Luke Carrico of Loogootee; two daughters, Julia A. Beck of Ireland, Ind., and Susan Holt of Loogootee; a brother, George Patterson of Loogootee; a sister, Gloria Hart of Loogootee; 22 grand-children; 37 great grandchildren; and 4 great great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sons, Donald and Timothy Carrico; a daughter, Becky Carrico; a grandson, Keith Rogers and a great grandson, Seth Holt.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. John Catholic Church with burial in the church cemetery.
Visitation will be from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home.
Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
- David Bean David Ira Mitchell Bean went to be with his Lord Monday due to a tragic accident. He was born Jan. 25, 1954, to the late Ben and Eva Bean in Sturgis, Kentucky. He was a 1972 graduate of Barr-Reeve High School and a 1976 graduate of St. Louis Christi
- Anita 'Jody' Hawkins SHOALS — Anita J. "Jody" Hawkins, 73, passed away at 12:03 a.m. Tuesday at Westview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Bedford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- Ralph Goodpaster BURNS CITY — Ralph Edward Goodpaster, 72, died Saturday at his home. Born May 3, 1942, in Rushville, he was the son of Russell and Maybelle (Hankins) Goodpaster. A 1959 graduate of Loogootee High School, he also graduated from Vennard Christian Colle
- Viola Cissell Viola M. Cissell, 64, of Washington, was called to heaven at 10:15 p.m. Friday with her family by her side at St. Charles Health Campus, Jasper. Viola was born Oct. 17, 1949, to Mary and Eugene Perrott in Vincennes and then moved to Washington. Viola
- Dessie Arnold WINSLOW — Dessie M. Arnold, 82, died at 5:42 a.m. Sunday at her residence. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Rev. Eddie Willis officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. Visitation is from 4
- Patricia 'Criss' Elpers SHOALS — Patricia "Criss" (Durham) Elpers, 59, passed away Saturday at Memorial Hospital and Healthcare Center. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals. Visitation i
- William Hamm Jr. William J. Hamm Jr., 73, died Tuesday at Prairie Village. He was born Feb. 21, 1941, to William and Louise (Summers) Hamm.Preceding him in death are his parents and brothers Richard Hamm and Jack Hamm. Surviving William is one brother, Robert Hamm of
- Saturday's obituary notices CHESTER HARDING — The funeral for Chester Lee Harding was at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Rev. J. Kenneth Walker officiating. Burial was in Patoka Grove Church Williams Cemetery, with military graves
- Billy Small BICKNELL — Billy Lewis Small, 81, passed away Thursday at St. Mary’s Hospital in Evansville with is family at his bedside. He was born in Knox County on Oct. 22, 1932, the son of Lewis M. and Martha Jett Small. After graduation from high school, he e
- Donald Windes MT. CARMEL, Ill. — Donald L. Windes, 84, passed away Wednesday at Oakview Heights surrounded by his loving family.He was born Tuesday, Feb. 4, 1930, the son of Cleo A. and Lavolette O. (Ewin) Windes, in Wabash County, Illinois. Donald was a graduate
- More Obituaries Headlines