BROWN COUNTY – James N. ‘Jim’ Fisher, 78, originally of Washington, passed away Thursday.
A 1952 Washington High School graduate, he worked for JC Penney until enlisting in the U.S. Navy. He served from 1953 to 1957. In 1959, he graduated from Indiana College of Mortuary Science as an embalmer. He then moved to Franklin, where he played slow-pitch softball and bowled for many years. He worked for Moore Business Forms from January 1961 to December 1992. After retirement he worked for Bloomington Hospital from January 1994 to September 2012. He bowled on several leagues in Bloomington and enjoyed playing golf.
Jim was a member of the American Legion for more than 60 years, Union Village Lodge 545 in Providence, Ind., and a 32nd Degree Mason in Scottish Rite Valley of Indianapolis.
He is survived by his two sons, Steve (Charlene) Glidden of Georgetown, Texas, and James R. (Lori) Fisher of Hermitage, Tenn.; one daughter, Sheryl (Ron) Elliott of Westville; his significant-other, Cindy Parker of Brown County; two granddaughters, Cindy Boyd and Samantha Dillard; four grandsons, Kristopher Elliott, Nicholas Elliott, James J. Fisher and Dawson Fisher; three great-granddaughters, Samantha Boyd, Allie Boyd and Kaitlyn Elliott; and one great-great-grandson, Gage Liczkowski.
Jim was preceded in death by his wife, June, in 2002.
A graveside service with military rites will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday in Green Lawn Cemetery, Franklin.
Friends may call from noon to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Deremiah-Frye Mortuary, 700 W. Gourley Pike, Bloomington, IN 47404.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be made at www.DeremiahFryeMortuary.com.
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines