BROWN COUNTY – James N. ‘Jim’ Fisher, 78, originally of Washington, passed away Thursday.
A 1952 Washington High School graduate, he worked for JC Penney until enlisting in the U.S. Navy. He served from 1953 to 1957. In 1959, he graduated from Indiana College of Mortuary Science as an embalmer. He then moved to Franklin, where he played slow-pitch softball and bowled for many years. He worked for Moore Business Forms from January 1961 to December 1992. After retirement he worked for Bloomington Hospital from January 1994 to September 2012. He bowled on several leagues in Bloomington and enjoyed playing golf.
Jim was a member of the American Legion for more than 60 years, Union Village Lodge 545 in Providence, Ind., and a 32nd Degree Mason in Scottish Rite Valley of Indianapolis.
He is survived by his two sons, Steve (Charlene) Glidden of Georgetown, Texas, and James R. (Lori) Fisher of Hermitage, Tenn.; one daughter, Sheryl (Ron) Elliott of Westville; his significant-other, Cindy Parker of Brown County; two granddaughters, Cindy Boyd and Samantha Dillard; four grandsons, Kristopher Elliott, Nicholas Elliott, James J. Fisher and Dawson Fisher; three great-granddaughters, Samantha Boyd, Allie Boyd and Kaitlyn Elliott; and one great-great-grandson, Gage Liczkowski.
Jim was preceded in death by his wife, June, in 2002.
A graveside service with military rites will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday in Green Lawn Cemetery, Franklin.
Friends may call from noon to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Deremiah-Frye Mortuary, 700 W. Gourley Pike, Bloomington, IN 47404.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be made at www.DeremiahFryeMortuary.com.
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
Martha Ellen "Marty" Green, 95, of Washington passed away Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013 at Daviess Community Hospital. Born on Oct. 6, 1918, in Washington D.C., she was the daughter of Royal and Ethel (Wohrer) Carlock. A 1935 graduate of Bethesda-Chevy Ch
- Joy Mitchell Joy Griffin Mitchell, 83, Henderson, Kentucky, went to be with the Lord at 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at her home after a long and courageous battle with cancer. She was a member of Immanuel Baptist Temple and also a charter member of Calvary Bapti
- Ruby Fields FREELANDVILLE -- Ruby Janice (Hedge) Fields, 73, formerly of Bicknell, passed away Sunday at the Freelandville Community Home. Ruby was born May 5, 1940, in Knox County, the daughter of Perry and Julia Ann (Murray) Hedge. She married Robert W. Fields
- Martha 'Marty" Green Martha Ellen "Marty" Green, 95, of Washington, passed away Wednesday, Nov. 27, at Daviess Community Hospital. A complete obituary will be published later. Martha 'Marty" Green
- More Obituaries Headlines