WASHINGTON — After a long and courageous battle with breast cancer, Lois Elaine (Hunter) Schnarr, 78, of Washington, went to be with her Lord on Saturday. Lois was born Jan. 10, 1934, to the late Herbert and Viola Hunter. She later attended Washington High School and graduated in 1952. On July 8, 1956, Lois married the love of her life, Kenneth Schnarr, and they spent 56 wonderful years together. Lois was a member of First Baptist Church, and was an active member of the local breast cancer survivor organizations. In addition to her parents, Lois was preceded in death by one sister, Shirley Joyce Hunter. Survivors include her loving husband, Ralph Kenneth Schnarr; one son, David Schnarr (Lori S.); three daughters, Susan Will (Dale), Diana Fleenor (Mark), and Lisa Hoskin (Glenn); seven grandchildren, Megan Will, Kathryn Will, Rachel Fleenor, Emily Schnarr, Eli Schnarr, Maddie Hoskin and Alexandra Hoskin; two sisters, Maxine Quilliam (Robert) and Marcella Myers (Ralph); and several nieces and nephews. A visitation will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gill Funeral Home. A funeral service will immediately follow at the funeral home. A family interment will take place at Sugarland Memory Gardens. A funeral dinner will be held at 4:30 p.m. at the First Baptist Church, 100 E. Walnut St. You may sign the online guest book or view the video tribute at www.gillsince1872.com. In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting donations be made to the Indiana University Breast Care and Research Center, www.cancer.iu.edu/programs/breast.
Jan. 10, 1934 - Jan. 5, 2013
- Ruth Grannan Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines