WASHINGTON — After a long and courageous battle with breast cancer, Lois Elaine (Hunter) Schnarr, 78, of Washington, went to be with her Lord on Saturday. Lois was born Jan. 10, 1934, to the late Herbert and Viola Hunter. She later attended Washington High School and graduated in 1952. On July 8, 1956, Lois married the love of her life, Kenneth Schnarr, and they spent 56 wonderful years together. Lois was a member of First Baptist Church, and was an active member of the local breast cancer survivor organizations. In addition to her parents, Lois was preceded in death by one sister, Shirley Joyce Hunter. Survivors include her loving husband, Ralph Kenneth Schnarr; one son, David Schnarr (Lori S.); three daughters, Susan Will (Dale), Diana Fleenor (Mark), and Lisa Hoskin (Glenn); seven grandchildren, Megan Will, Kathryn Will, Rachel Fleenor, Emily Schnarr, Eli Schnarr, Maddie Hoskin and Alexandra Hoskin; two sisters, Maxine Quilliam (Robert) and Marcella Myers (Ralph); and several nieces and nephews. A visitation will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gill Funeral Home. A funeral service will immediately follow at the funeral home. A family interment will take place at Sugarland Memory Gardens. A funeral dinner will be held at 4:30 p.m. at the First Baptist Church, 100 E. Walnut St. You may sign the online guest book or view the video tribute at www.gillsince1872.com. In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting donations be made to the Indiana University Breast Care and Research Center, www.cancer.iu.edu/programs/breast.
Jan. 10, 1934 - Jan. 5, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines