SANDBORN — Dola Pearl (Ellis) McKim, 87, passed away Monday at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon where she received excellent and loving care. She was born Feb. 5, 1925, in Stafford Township, to Walter Scott and Nellie B. (Smith) Ellis. She married Ralph Max “Peabud” McKim on April 18, 1943. Dola was a homemaker. She was a member of the Sandborn Methodist Church, United Methodist Women, Rebecca Lodge, Mother’s Evening Club and the Greene County Gospel Association. She thoroughly enjoyed singing gospel music with her family the Ellis Family Singers. Survivors include three sons: Eddie Dean McKim of Palmdale, Calif., Monty Max (Stephanie) McKim of Sandborn, and Randall Lee (Debra) McKim of Raleigh, N.C.; one daughter, Pamela Lou McKim of Sandborn; eight grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren. Dola was preceded in death by her parents, Scott and Nellie Ellis; her husband, Max “Peabud” McKim; two brothers, Colvert and Bill Ellis; two sisters, Annabelle Kirk and Bonnie Head. The family has requested, for those who wish, that memorial contributions be made to the Sandborn Baptist Church. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Sandborn Baptist Church with Pastor Scott Rasico and Rev. Tom Anderson officiating. Friends may call at Anderson-Poindexter Memory Chapel in Linton from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and at the church from 10 a.m. until the hour of service Tuesday. Interment will follow in the Sandborn Cemetery. The family has entrusted all funeral arrangements to Anderson-Poindexter Memory Chapel in Linton. Online condolences may be sent to www.andersonpoindexter.com.
Feb. 5, 1925 - Jan. 8, 2013
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Wilma Butcher Wilma Catherine (Brewer) Butcher, 91, of Washington, died at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday. Born May 22, 1923, she was the daughter of Bernard and Zita (McGrath) Carrico. She is survived by one daughter, Carolyn Sue (Artie) Lewis of Washington; two sons, Donal
- Funerals PATRICIA ELPERS — The funeral for Patricia E. Elpers was at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals, with Bro. Mike Talcott officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery.Pallbearers were Roger Sanders, Brad Tinkle, David Hartley, Gavin
- Norma Lee SHOALS — Norma June Lee, 76, died Tuesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Born April 14, 1938, in Dover Hill, she was the daughter of Raymond and Etta (Roberts) Sanders. She was a graduate of Vincennes University and had formerly worked a
- Helen Dages Helen Margaret Dages, 88, died Wednesday. She was born Nov. 3, 1925, in Montgomery, to John and Mary (Westhafter) Kennedy. Helen married Paul James Dages June 10, 1950. She graduated from Montgomery High School in 1943 and furthered her education, gr
- More Obituaries Headlines