SANDBORN — Dola Pearl (Ellis) McKim, 87, passed away Monday at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon where she received excellent and loving care. She was born Feb. 5, 1925, in Stafford Township, to Walter Scott and Nellie B. (Smith) Ellis. She married Ralph Max “Peabud” McKim on April 18, 1943. Dola was a homemaker. She was a member of the Sandborn Methodist Church, United Methodist Women, Rebecca Lodge, Mother’s Evening Club and the Greene County Gospel Association. She thoroughly enjoyed singing gospel music with her family the Ellis Family Singers. Survivors include three sons: Eddie Dean McKim of Palmdale, Calif., Monty Max (Stephanie) McKim of Sandborn, and Randall Lee (Debra) McKim of Raleigh, N.C.; one daughter, Pamela Lou McKim of Sandborn; eight grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren. Dola was preceded in death by her parents, Scott and Nellie Ellis; her husband, Max “Peabud” McKim; two brothers, Colvert and Bill Ellis; two sisters, Annabelle Kirk and Bonnie Head. The family has requested, for those who wish, that memorial contributions be made to the Sandborn Baptist Church. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Sandborn Baptist Church with Pastor Scott Rasico and Rev. Tom Anderson officiating. Friends may call at Anderson-Poindexter Memory Chapel in Linton from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and at the church from 10 a.m. until the hour of service Tuesday. Interment will follow in the Sandborn Cemetery. The family has entrusted all funeral arrangements to Anderson-Poindexter Memory Chapel in Linton. Online condolences may be sent to www.andersonpoindexter.com.
Feb. 5, 1925 - Jan. 8, 2013
- Funerals PHILIP MAY — The funeral for Philip L. May was held Wednesday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Pastor Ken Wells officiating. Pallbearers were Tracy Williams, Rick May, Mark May, Stuart May, Jim May and Paul Stone.DIXIE BLAND — The funeral for Dixie Bland was
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- More Obituaries Headlines