WASHINGTON — Linda Fay Clifton, 66, of Washington, formerly of Shoals, passed away Saturday at Indiana University Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Born April 5, 1946, in Martin County, she was the daughter of George and Catherine (Tinkle) Brown. A 1964 graduate of Shoals High School, she was the office manager of Service Master Clean and County Wide Construction, both in Washington. She greatly enjoyed playing bingo, riding motorcycles, and spending time with her family. She will be forever loved and missed by her family including her husband Stan Clifton, whom she married April 19, 1968, in Lawrenceville, Ill.; three sons, Steve and his wife Mary Clifton, Scott and his wife Sue Clifton, all of Washington, and Darin Clifton and his fiancee Julie Berry of Evansville; granddaughters, Sarina, Stefanie and Peighton Clifton, Shannon and Shayna Scott, and Abby Spaulding; grandsons, Hunter Clifton and Tyler Scott; one great-grandson, Caleb Secrist; and two sisters, Helen (Harold) Seacat of Shoals, and Esther Jones of Loogootee; one brother, George D. “Frog” (Vicky) Brown of Jasper. She is preceded in death by her parents; a son Stanley Clifton Jr. in infancy; three brothers, Richard, William and John Brown; and one sister, Joanne Combs. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Condolences may be made online to the family at www.queenlee.com.
April 5, 1946 - Dec. 1, 2012
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Wilma Butcher Wilma Catherine (Brewer) Butcher, 91, of Washington, died at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday. Born May 22, 1923, she was the daughter of Bernard and Zita (McGrath) Carrico. She is survived by one daughter, Carolyn Sue (Artie) Lewis of Washington; two sons, Donal
- Funerals PATRICIA ELPERS — The funeral for Patricia E. Elpers was at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals, with Bro. Mike Talcott officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery.Pallbearers were Roger Sanders, Brad Tinkle, David Hartley, Gavin
- More Obituaries Headlines