WASHINGTON — Clara Eva Brown, 90, of Washington, passed away Friday morning at Avow Hospice in Naples, Fla., after a brief illness. She was born Jan. 16, 1922, in Washington, to John A. and Joan B. (Gootee) Donaldson. Eva was a 1940 graduate of Washington High School. She was a telephone operator for Indiana Bell and worked for over 20 years at Larkin’s Red and White grocery store. She was a kind, caring person and volunteered her time at Central Christian Church, where she was a member, and Feed My Sheep of Daviess County. She especially enjoyed her luncheons with the former telephone operators group. She is survived by her daughter, Marsha Brown and son-in-law, Charles Arthur of Naples, Fla.; her long time companion, Dan Renneker of Washington; grandchildren, John Arthur of Delray Beach, Fla., Shannon Arthur Shuel of Chicago, Ill., and Stephen Arthur of Los Angeles, Calif. She is also survived by five great-grandchildren, Caroline Arthur, JD Arthur, Catherine Eva Arthur of Longwood, Fla., David Shuel and Ella Shuel of Chicago, Ill. She is preceded in death by her parents. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Ed Lee Mortuary. A service celebrating Eva’s life will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Central Christian Church. Burial will be at Sugarland Memorial Gardens. Condolences may be made to the family at www.edleemortuary.com.
Jan. 16, 1922 - Dec. 14, 2012
- Ruth Grannan Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines