WASHINGTON — Clara Eva Brown, 90, of Washington, passed away Friday morning at Avow Hospice in Naples, Fla., after a brief illness. She was born Jan. 16, 1922, in Washington, to John A. and Joan B. (Gootee) Donaldson. Eva was a 1940 graduate of Washington High School. She was a telephone operator for Indiana Bell and worked for over 20 years at Larkin’s Red and White grocery store. She was a kind, caring person and volunteered her time at Central Christian Church, where she was a member, and Feed My Sheep of Daviess County. She especially enjoyed her luncheons with the former telephone operators group. She is survived by her daughter, Marsha Brown and son-in-law, Charles Arthur of Naples, Fla.; her long time companion, Dan Renneker of Washington; grandchildren, John Arthur of Delray Beach, Fla., Shannon Arthur Shuel of Chicago, Ill., and Stephen Arthur of Los Angeles, Calif. She is also survived by five great-grandchildren, Caroline Arthur, JD Arthur, Catherine Eva Arthur of Longwood, Fla., David Shuel and Ella Shuel of Chicago, Ill. She is preceded in death by her parents. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Ed Lee Mortuary. A service celebrating Eva’s life will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Central Christian Church. Burial will be at Sugarland Memorial Gardens. Condolences may be made to the family at www.edleemortuary.com.
Jan. 16, 1922 - Dec. 14, 2012
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines