LOOGOOTEE — Marilyn S. Strange, 76, died at 7:48 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper.
Born Jan. 25, 1937, in Washington, she was the daughter of Horace and Zella (Padgett) Arnold. She was retired and had worked at Crane, U.S. Rubber Company, Chatnibble Restaurant and Mason’s Root Beer Stand in Washington. Marilyn loved to play cards, especially euchre, and she also enjoyed playing bingo. She was very proud of her sons.
Survivors include her husband, Philip E. Strange, whom she married Nov. 20, 1960, at St. Simons Catholic Church in Washington. She is also survived by two sons, Mike Strange of Loogootee and Dan Strange of Louisville, Ky.; two granddaughters, Trista and Kyanna Strange, both of Loogootee; two great-granddaughters, Skylyr and Kori Strange; one sister, Shirley and husband Steve Kern of New Jersey; three brothers, Ronnie and wife Donna Arnold of Washington, Phil and wife Kim Arnold of Texas, and Scott and wife Malanie Arnold of Delaware; and three sisters-in-law, Fannie and husband Jack Trout of Odon, Camilla Summers of Loogootee, and Rita Mae and husband Dewey Weaver of Loogootee; and one brother-in-law, Andy Strange of Lafayette.
She is preceded in death by her parents; her stepmother, Guldah (Selby) Arnold; and one great-grandson, Lyncoln Strange.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at St. John Catholic Church in Loogootee. Burial will follow in St. John Catholic Cemetery.
Visitation will be from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday and Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
Martha Ellen "Marty" Green, 95, of Washington passed away Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013 at Daviess Community Hospital. Born on Oct. 6, 1918, in Washington D.C., she was the daughter of Royal and Ethel (Wohrer) Carlock. A 1935 graduate of Bethesda-Chevy Ch
- Joy Mitchell Joy Griffin Mitchell, 83, Henderson, Kentucky, went to be with the Lord at 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at her home after a long and courageous battle with cancer. She was a member of Immanuel Baptist Temple and also a charter member of Calvary Bapti
- Ruby Fields FREELANDVILLE -- Ruby Janice (Hedge) Fields, 73, formerly of Bicknell, passed away Sunday at the Freelandville Community Home. Ruby was born May 5, 1940, in Knox County, the daughter of Perry and Julia Ann (Murray) Hedge. She married Robert W. Fields
- Martha 'Marty" Green Martha Ellen "Marty" Green, 95, of Washington, passed away Wednesday, Nov. 27, at Daviess Community Hospital. A complete obituary will be published later. Martha 'Marty" Green
- Foster Christenberry ODON -- Foster S. Christenberry, 94, passed away at his residence Friday. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church in Odon. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the church. Arrangements are being made through Poind
- Thomas Kenmuir Thomas Kenmuir, 70, of Washington, passed away at 11:27 a.m. Sunday at Daviess Community Hospital. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m Wednesday at Fairview Cemetery in Elnora. Arrangements are being made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home
- Patricia Spangle Patricia K. "Patty" Spangle, 51, of Washington, passed away Thursday at St. Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Graveside services will be held at 3 p.m. Wednesday at Sugarland Memory Gardens. Arrangements are being made through Ed Lee Mortuary. Onl
- More Obituaries Headlines