- Local News
The seventh annual Wine, Cheese and Art Festival will take place next Friday on Main Street. The event will feature eight wineries. many vendors, and live entertainment. Hours for the festival are 5 p.m. until 10 p.m.
Wine, Cheese and Art Festival to kick off Labor Day weekend
Daviess County Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau Director Samantha Bobbitt said this year’s Wine, Art and Cheese Festival should offer something for everyone, even those not interested in wine. Slated to run from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. next Frida
- Sports Briefs
- Williams wanting to help peers with hemophilia
- Thursday's police report
- Lents honored at ISP awards ceremony
- Wine, Cheese and Art Festival to kick off Labor Day weekend
Marjorie "Kay Raymann" Kocher, 75, of Washington, died at 6:05 p.m. Wednesday at Washington Nursing Center. Born April 15, 1939, in Washington, she was the daughter of Ernest and Earldean (Wilson) Smith. She received her GED and Cosmetology License a
- Carol 'Hupo' Holland
- Thursday's Funeral Notices
- Joyce Patterson
- Marjorie Kocher
- Local Sports
Hatchet boys finish second in four-team meet
The Washington boys cross country team placed second in a four-team meet with Wood Memorial, Vincennes Lincoln and Northeast Dubois. The Washington girls team didn’t place due not having enough runners, but still had three runners finish in the top 1
- WHS takes down B-R, 4-1
- New look for the 2014 Cougars
- WHS downs Pike Central, improves to 2-0
- WC takes down Shoals 8-0 in season-opener
- Hatchet boys finish second in four-team meet
- Community News
Friday''s Area Briefs
Redevelopment, Commissioners to meetDaviess County Redevelopment Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners’ Room at the courthouse.Daviess County Commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners’ Room at the courthous
- Social Security works equally for men and women
- Picture time always a fun time
- Two ND grads join state police ranks
- Wednesday's Area Briefs
- Friday''s Area Briefs
Is this a commercial for batting gloves or a baseball game?
Major league baseball desperately needs to speed up the action. Here's a place to start: Nix the mind-numbing ritual of hitters who first adjust the right batting glove, then the left one, after every single pitch.
August 21, 2014 1 Photo
- The Simpsons still going strong
- Does Twitter need a censor?
- Is this a commercial for batting gloves or a baseball game?
Update on Oak Grove Cemetery situation
On July 21, a meeting of concerned citizens, hosted at the request of Mayor Joe Wellman, was held in the City Council chambers. Present at the meeting were representatives from city and county government, Daviess Community Foundation, local funeral
- LETTER: Salaries are a matter of perspective
- Snails do have some issues
- Melon time is the best time of the year
- Back to school marks time for politicians to keep their hands off of education
- Update on Oak Grove Cemetery situation
- Clicker Ticker
- Times Herald Video
- You Need To Know Now!