12:49 p.m. — Jerry Walden reported from Orschelin Home Center his truck was damaged. A report was made.
11:31 a.m. — An employee of the Parks Department asked an officer to come to Eastside Park with a radar gun. The miniature train needed a speed reading.
6:08 p.m. — Jessica A. Thornton, 36, 2401 Sunrise Drive, was driving a 2007 Mazda CX7 east on E. National Hwy. and turned into Eastside Park Road. She veered left of center and hit a 1995 Mercury Mystique driven by Paul N. Edwards, 47, 1753E 300S. No injuries were reported and damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
10:08 p.m. — A caller reported a semi ran over signs and tore things up at N. Butler and E. Main streets in Elnora. Damage was done to three yards and a stop sign. Town Marshal Ron Hooker issued a citation and escorted the semi out of town.
Sarah Jane Walls, 36, Washington, was arrested Tuesday by city police for possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. She was held at Daviess County Security Center on $5,000 bond.
Jail Population: 160
- Local News
Cassy Breitweiser, Lexie Hornback and Maisie Aldrich work on homework in the new resource room at The Powerhouse. The resource room, which includes computers and other equipment to assist students, was made possible through a grant from AT&T.
Powerhouse expands student programs
Thanks in part to two grants The Powerhouse is expanding the programs it offers to students in grades seven through 12. One grant, through the Daviess County Community Foundation will allow the Powerhouse to hire two student interns. Applications ar
- Cardinals fall to Jeeps
- Basketball makeup dates slated
- Police report
- Vendor Fair to help raise money for Relay
- Powerhouse expands student programs
LYONS -- Charley W. Creagmile, 35, died Tuesday at his residence. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Odon Chapel. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery. Visitation is after 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. Char
- Norman Figg
- Naomi 'Joy' Payne
- Martha 'Marty' Green
- Charley Creagmile
- Local Sports
Still ready to cut the nets down at 90
The world was a different place on Dec. 14, 1923. It was before television, internet, trans-Atlantic flight, moon-walking, computers, the horrors of WWII or the social change that has essentially moved us from the end of the Victorian era to cyber-dr
- Lions snap 4-game skid with win over WC
- Bengals throw cold water on Colts AFC South title parade
- Seattle is the class of the NFC
- Area basketball games postponed due to weather
- Still ready to cut the nets down at 90
- Community News
Christmas trees need attention
The Indiana State Fire Marshal's office is encouraging everyone to select and maintain their Christmas tree carefully to reduce the risk of fire. According to the National Fire Protection Association, one in every six Christmas tree fires are caused
- Clark family holds reunion
- Allen family holds reunion
- Area Briefs
- Ways to help others
- Christmas trees need attention
- The "Z" Watch
VIDEO: Anonymous donor ensures Worcester Catholic School will remain open
After an anonymous donation the Worcester Catholic School will remain open. The 70-year-old school was going to close its doors in June.
December 12, 2013 1 Photo
- Racism linked to infant mortality, learning disabilities
- VIDEO: College basketball player hit by police officer while crossing street
- VIDEO: Anonymous donor ensures Worcester Catholic School will remain open
- State News
Bird statue to be unveiled in Terre Haute
Serving double duty as a baseball infielder for the American League's Toronto Blue Jays and basketball guard for Brigham Young University, 20-year-old Danny Ainge found time in March 1979 to drive from Provo, Utah, to Salt Lake City to catch an in-pe
- Pence announces school safety grants
- Coats returns home to listen to Hoosiers
- Bird statue to be unveiled in Terre Haute
Movie preview: “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”
Plot: Thorin Oakenshield, his mighty band of dwarves, Bilbo Baggins, and wise wizard Gandalf embark on a crusade to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the vicious dragon Smaug.
- Movie preview: “Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas”
- Movie preview: “Out of the Furnace”
- Movie preview: “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”