12:49 p.m. — Jerry Walden reported from Orschelin Home Center his truck was damaged. A report was made.
11:31 a.m. — An employee of the Parks Department asked an officer to come to Eastside Park with a radar gun. The miniature train needed a speed reading.
6:08 p.m. — Jessica A. Thornton, 36, 2401 Sunrise Drive, was driving a 2007 Mazda CX7 east on E. National Hwy. and turned into Eastside Park Road. She veered left of center and hit a 1995 Mercury Mystique driven by Paul N. Edwards, 47, 1753E 300S. No injuries were reported and damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
10:08 p.m. — A caller reported a semi ran over signs and tore things up at N. Butler and E. Main streets in Elnora. Damage was done to three yards and a stop sign. Town Marshal Ron Hooker issued a citation and escorted the semi out of town.
Sarah Jane Walls, 36, Washington, was arrested Tuesday by city police for possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. She was held at Daviess County Security Center on $5,000 bond.
Jail Population: 160
- Local News
Expiring term heightens the urgency of lawmaker's mission
State Rep. Rebecca Kubacki had plans for her return to the General Assembly next January.The two-term Republican from Kosciusko County wanted to exert “full force” to roll back a law that prevents the children of undocumented immigrants from paying i
- Thursday's police report
- Area author to hold book signing at Touch of Heaven
- DOCUMENTS: Barr-Reeve Teachers' complaint
- Harbstreit settles in as Indiana Sheriff's Association president
- Expiring term heightens the urgency of lawmaker's mission
- Local Sports
Colts' 'monster' now preparing to 'hunt'
ANDERSON — There’s a different kind of buzz surrounding the Indianapolis Colts as they prepare to report for training camp today at Anderson University.Expectations have been high inside the locker room since Chuck Pagano arrived in January 2012 and
- Sports Briefs
- Barr-Reeve hands out Spring Awards
- Posturing, predictions fly as SEC turns to a new season
- Webster to compete at Gymnastics Championships
- Colts' 'monster' now preparing to 'hunt'
- Community News
Area students travel to D.C. with REMC
LOOGOOTEE — Three Indiana high school students, chosen by Daviess-Martin County REMC to participate, were among 72 from Indiana and 1,600 from 43 states who participated in the electric cooperative Youth Tour to Washington D.C., from June 12-19. Area
- Prairie Village Nursing Home serves breakfast to Towers
- Daviess County Court News
- 4-H winners
- Salt Lake City firm purchases local AT&T store
- Area students travel to D.C. with REMC
Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese
The good news is that after decades of furious growth, obesity rates finally seem to be leveling off in the U.S.. The bad news is that America's youth still appear to be dangerously unaware of the problem.
July 23, 2014
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
- Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese
Letter: Sex is clearly defined
Sex is clearly definedEditor:I say “Amen” to Pastor Showers’ letter to the editor. Sex in its pureness is only between one man and woman in the bonds of marriage, till death do they part. No others on the side.Man lying with man, woman lying with wom
- Hobby Lobby court ruling a right one for religious freedom
- Good work DCH for helping vets
- I am proud to fight against the 'War on Coal
- EPA regulations are very bad for District 63
- Letter: Sex is clearly defined
- Clicker Ticker
- Times Herald Video
- You Need To Know Now!