LOOGOOTEE — Lois Deane Jeffers, 85, died at 10:42 a.m. Wednesday at The Timbers in Jasper. Born Nov. 25, 1926, in Spencer County, she was the daughter of Clayton and Rachel (Davidson) Bryant. She attended Jasper Christian Church and was a 1944 graduate of Loogootee High School. She retired from Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane after 25 years and Walmart after 15 years. She enjoyed the outdoors and spending time with her children and grandchildren. She is survived by two sons and daughters-in-law, Mark and Shirley Jeffers of Loogootee, and Mike and Cami Jeffers of Odon; one daughter and son-in-law, Deena and Dan Toy of Huntingburg; 10 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her parents; her first husband, William Jeffers; her second husband, Harold Hargesheimer; one son, Gary Lee Jeffers; one sister, Marilee Jones; and one grandson, Jason Michael Jeffers. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee. Burial will be in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
Nov. 25, 1926 - Oct. 17, 2012
- Local News
MAP: Local Yard Sales
Here are the local yard sales for this weekend. To have your yard sale placed on future maps, call 812-254-0480, ext. 112.
- Wheatfest ready roll
- Commission turns in 'wish list' for road, bridge work
- Man injured in motorcycle accident
- Harbstreit named president of Indiana Sheriff's Association
- MAP: Local Yard Sales
MARJORIE CARRICO — A funeral service with liturgy of the word for Marjorie A. Carrico was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Deacon Dennis Hilderbrand officiating. Entombment will be at a later date.Pallbearers were B
- William Johnson
- Ives 'Bud' Harper
- Local Sports
Cody Zeller looks for bigger role
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - The Charlotte Hornets are turning to a pair of young, inexperienced power forwards after losing Josh McRoberts in free agency. McRoberts was the one player coach Steve Clifford said the team couldn't afford to lose this offseas
- Freedom wins right before Fourth
- Little League 10s and 12s in championship games
- Showalter hits hole-in-one
- B-R cheerleaders, softball seniors honored
- Cody Zeller looks for bigger role
- Community News
Vets need to keep an eye on Social Security benefits
In the United States, people do a lot to recognize and honor the heroes who serve in the Armed Forces and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. July is an appropriate month to recognize veterans and wounded warriors, as we celebrate our nation’s ind
- The Martin County Genealogy Society meets
- Community Calendar
- Jolliff-Durnil celebrates engangement
- TODAY's Area Briefs
- Vets need to keep an eye on Social Security benefits
Why does the Vatican need a bank?
The Vatican Bank's history reads more like Dan Brown than the financial pages, but its worst -- and weirdest -- days may be behind it.
July 10, 2014
- How professors are using Facebook to teach
- Are America's biggest alcohol brands targeting the country's underage youth?
- Why does the Vatican need a bank?
Moving towards a better tomorrow
This past week a federal judge ruled Indiana’s same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional, but in Daviess County there were no wedding bells ringing for same-sex couples. Despite receiving an email from the Indiana Attorney General’s office advising coun
- Clerk owes public an apology
- Healy was right in denying licenses
- Learning to drive with new buggy paths
- An arrogant and lawless IRS
- Moving towards a better tomorrow
- Clicker Ticker
- Times Herald Video
- You Need To Know Now!