1:20 p.m. — Wendy Wise said while her vehicle was parked at Prairie Village, 801 SR 57S, someone hit it. A report was made.
10:42 a.m. — An employee of Daviess Community Hospital said a man was in the hospital’s ER after a motorcycle accident. The accident occurred at 415 W. Flora St. the night before.
7:55 a.m. — Jolene Mize, 303 Southside Ave., reported the theft of a tablet computer and a gaming console from her home. The suspects could have used an open bathroom window to gain entry.
11:47 p.m. — A caller said there was suspicious vehicle and the smell of anhydrous ammonia from the White River Co-Op in Elnora. Deputies investigated the area, and nothing was found.
11:16 a.m. — A deputy was called by a caller on 401 S.W. 11th St., over a mailbox placement dispute between neighbors. The dispute was resolved.
6:18 a.m. — A caller said coal trucks were going down Elnora streets because the highway was closed.
Stephanie Marlowe, 30, Washington, was arrested by city police Thursday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person. She was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $4,000 bond.
Antonio Barraja, 55, Florida, was arrested by city police Friday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person. He was being held on $4,000 bond.
Total Jail Population: 160
- Local News
Loogootee defeats RivetThe Loogootee boys tennis team defeated Vincennes Rivet, 5-0, Tuesday night. Gabe Nolley and Landon Diamond won in straight sets at No. 1 and 2 singles and Landon Wittmer won in No. 3 singles in a forfeit. Ben Templin-Thomas Vi
- Legal challenges perform check and balance
- Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots
- New trauma rating for nearby hosptial creates confusion in Daviess County
- Wednesday's Police Report
- Sports Briefs
Thursday's Funeral Notices
HELEN GAITHER — The funeral for Helen C. Gaither was at noon Wednesday at Gill Funeral Home, with Rev. Ken Wells officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery.Pallbearers were Duane Gaither, Keith Gaither, Brandon Gaither, Daniel Gaither, Grant Ketch
- Joyce Patterson
- Joseph Jerger
- Thursday's Funeral Notices
- Local Sports
New look for the 2014 Cougars
ELNORA — The North Daviess Cougar football team will have some big shoes to fill in 2014, and, none will be bigger than replacing the state’s leading rusher Colton Lengacher.However, in spite of Lengacher’s loss to graduation, most believe Coach Scot
- WHS downs Pike Central, improves to 2-0
- WC takes down Shoals 8-0 in season-opener
- Hatchets cruise to season-opening win
- Hatchets ready to rebuild
- New look for the 2014 Cougars
- Community News
Picture time always a fun time
It’s that time of year again, to have the family picture taken. My husband and I talk to both kids about smiling, sitting still and listening. Even though we had this discussion, I am beginning to think that maybe we were talking to ourselves. The n
- Two ND grads join state police ranks
- Wednesday's Area Briefs
- Beasleys hold 86th annual reunion
- Duke Energy warns area customers
- Picture time always a fun time
Update on Oak Grove Cemetery situation
On July 21, a meeting of concerned citizens, hosted at the request of Mayor Joe Wellman, was held in the City Council chambers. Present at the meeting were representatives from city and county government, Daviess Community Foundation, local funeral
- LETTER: Salaries are a matter of perspective
- Snails do have some issues
- Melon time is the best time of the year
- Back to school marks time for politicians to keep their hands off of education
- Update on Oak Grove Cemetery situation
- Clicker Ticker
- Times Herald Video
- You Need To Know Now!