7:41 a.m. — Shawn Colvin reported a hit and run accident on N.E. 15th and VanTrees streets. A report was made and being investigated.
9:50 a.m. — A caller reported sheep out near 1480 SR 57N. They were rounded up.
Alan Smith, 25, Washington, was arrested at 12:25 a.m. Tuesday by city police following a traffic stop. A police K-9 was used and detected marijuana in the vehicle. Smith was arrested for two counts of possession of marijuana and was taken to the Daviess County Security Center. He was being held on $4,000 bond.
James Coloson, 27, Plainville, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Tuesday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. He was being held on $2,000 bond.
Perez Lazaro, 37, Washington, was arrested by city police Tuesday for operating while never receiving a license. He was being held on $2,000 bond.
Total Jail Population: 162
- Local News
Charles Hunter, commander of VFW Post 3601 in Paris Illinois stands by trophies won by the posts Ladies Auxiliary Junior Girl's Unit. Some of the proceeds from the electronic gaming machines goes to support their work.
Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots
INDIANAPOLIS – Beer and barbecue aren’t the only draws to Daddy-O’s Bar & Grill in the small town of Paris, Ill., 15 miles from the Indiana border. The prospect of winning pulls in customers, as well. Since the neighborhood bar installed five video g
- New trauma rating for nearby hosptial creates confusion in Daviess County
- Wednesday's Police Report
- Lena Dunn gearing up for Fall Fiesta
- Loogootee reports high ISTEP scores
- Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots
- Local Sports
WC takes down Shoals 8-0 in season-opener
SHOALS — On the opening night of the boys soccer season, Washington Catholic looked to be in mid-season form. The Cardinals defeated Shoals 8-0 behind hat trick’s from Blaine Fuhs and Ethan Wichman. “In the first half we played pretty well,” said Was
- Hatchets cruise to season-opening win
- Hatchets ready to rebuild
- Sports Briefs
- We all lose with the Paul George injury
- WC takes down Shoals 8-0 in season-opener
- Community News
Picture time always a fun time
It’s that time of year again, to have the family picture taken. My husband and I talk to both kids about smiling, sitting still and listening. Even though we had this discussion, I am beginning to think that maybe we were talking to ourselves. The n
- Two ND grads join state police ranks
- Wednesday's Area Briefs
- Beasleys hold 86th annual reunion
- Duke Energy warns area customers
- Picture time always a fun time
Update on Oak Grove Cemetery situation
On July 21, a meeting of concerned citizens, hosted at the request of Mayor Joe Wellman, was held in the City Council chambers. Present at the meeting were representatives from city and county government, Daviess Community Foundation, local funeral
- LETTER: Salaries are a matter of perspective
- Snails do have some issues
- Melon time is the best time of the year
- Back to school marks time for politicians to keep their hands off of education
- Update on Oak Grove Cemetery situation
- Clicker Ticker
- Times Herald Video
- You Need To Know Now!