10:22 p.m. – Teresa Thomas, 100 W. Walnut St., advised they thought they heard wires burning at the box in the back of the house. She advised the male subject at the residence shut off the power and all residents were outside. The fire department responded and requested a line crew for a bad meter.
8:20 p.m. – Alice King advised her daughter found a dog wandering around and picked it up. It had a rabies tag from Dr. Shelton’s office, but he was not in the office. The dog, a small Yorkie-type breed, was taken to the animal shelter.
3:25 p.m. – Kenneth Fleetwood, 520 SE Second St., Apt. 414, reported the theft of a $50 bill and a carton of cigarettes.
3:35 p.m. – A male subject was on station to report identity theft. A detective spoke with him.
6:44 a.m. – A caller advised a vehicle was exiting I-69 southbound at the U.S. 50 off-ramp and went down a 40-foot embankment.
6:47 p.m. – Audrey E. Sorrells, 18, Shoals, was northbound on I-69 in her 2008 Pontiac G6 and as she crossed the White River Bridge near mile marker 54 the car began to slide on ice. Sorrells lost control of the vehicle and struck the guard rail before coming to rest in the median. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
Daniel Joseph Stone, 29, Gary, was arrested Monday for dealing in marijuana and on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended sentence for burglary. He was held at the Daviess County Security Center on $50,000 bond.
Jail Population: 126
- Local News
ND board looks at handbook
ND board looks at handbook BY Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Kelley sworn in as new parks supervisor
- Coats rallies Republican faithful at Lincoln Day dinner
- Sports Briefs
- ND board looks at handbook
- Wednesday's Funeral Notices
- Margaret 'Peggy' Burris
- Iva Hardwick
- Local Sports
Area Baseball Statistics
- BNL downs Washington, 11-1
- ND downs B-R 6-2
- Loogootee defeats Washington, 16-6
- Friday's Sports Briefs
- Area Baseball Statistics
- Community News
Disaster Recovery training to begin
- Tri-Kappa Brush-In hits schools
- 'Sports' is the theme at Taste of Daviess County
- Talbert honored by Girl Scouts
- Wednesday's Area Briefs
- Disaster Recovery training to begin
The top 12 government programs ever
April 22, 2014
- Cats outsmart the researchers
- Basketball stars may linger on campus a while longer
- The top 12 government programs ever
Learning from the examples of Jesus
- The past is prologue
- A Viking team to remember
- Those hard working worms
- Long live the Big East
- Learning from the examples of Jesus
- Clicker Ticker
- Times Herald Video