Do you think Indiana should place additional restrictions on where sexually violent offenders or predators can live and work?
On Monday, Sen. Frank Mrvan (D-Hammond) received unanimous support from the Family and Children's Services Committee, for a piece of legislation that would prohibit a sexually violent offender or predator from working as a babysitter or child care provider. You read that right. There was no law before preventing then from working as a babysitter or childcare provider.
This Week's Circulars
ESTHER SINGLETON — The funeral for Esther M. Singleton was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Ed Lee Mortuary Downtown Chapel, with Rev. Jessica Singleton officiating. Burial was in Oak Grove Cemetery Reeve Township.
JACK PURDUE — The funeral for Jack J. Purdue was at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary North Chapel, with Pastor Cameron Gladish officiating. Burial was in St. John Cemetery.
- Child welfare check turns into drug arrests
- Spaulding honored by Edward Jones
- Woman arrested on child neglect charge
- Vikes take rivalry battle
- POLICE REPORT
- Showalter joins city council at-large race
- SAFER FOR ALL
- President Trump flails in a trap of his own making
- Gress announces run for city council
- Deputies investigating dog breeder