INVITATION FOR BIDS
The Board of Public Works and Safety of the City of Washington, Indiana, will receive bids until 4 p.m. on Monday, April 12, 2010, in the City Clerk-Treasurer's Office, 101 NE Third Street, Washington, IN 47501.
Said bids will then be publicly opened and read at the regularly scheduled City Council Meeting.
1. Description of Contract: Demolition and removal of structure for the premises known as: 15 W. Pearl Street, Washington, IN 47501. Structure does have Transite Exterior siding that will need to be removed and properly disposed of by a licensed asbestos contract prior to demolition of structure.
The Legal Description of the unsafe premises is: Pleasantview, Lot 5, City of Washington, Daviess County, State of Indiana.
2. Contractual Terms: Contractors must submit a non-collusion affidavit with bid. The successful contractor will be responsible for following all Indiana Department of Environ-mental Management rules regarding material handling and disposal; demolition permit to be secured from Building Commis-sioner; current certificate of insurance to be on file with office of Building Commissioner; utilities to be properly disconnected and capped; structure(s) to be completely removed; foundations to be removed at least 12 inches below grade; if necessary, basement to be filled with sand and a minimum of six inches of dirt for planting of grass; all disturbed areas are to be graded smooth; removal of trees/shrubs, if needed, to be included; seeding and straw cover to be included.
3. Opening Bids: The bids shall be opened on the 12th day of April, 2010, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers located at 200 Harned Avenue, Washington, Indiana 47501. A contract will be awarded with reasonable promptness by written notice to the lowest responsible and responsive bidder.
4. Cancellation or Rejection: If determined to be in the best interest of the City of Washington, a bid may be cancelled or offers may be rejected in whole or in part. If cancelled or rejected, the reasons therefore shall be made a part of the contract file.
5. Bidders: The City of Washington shall maintain the name of each bidder and the amount of each bid for public inspection as required by I.C. 5-22-7-9.
City of Washington
By Chris Wimmenauer,
March 22-29, 2010