The U.S. aging population continues to increase at a rapid rate. Most of these individuals would prefer to remain in their own homes for as long as possible but might face physical or environmental obstacles that threaten their independence.
Generations is excited to offer a new free online health resource called Active Daily Living which can be accessed through the Generations website at www.generationsnetwork.org.
Active Daily Living offers a variety of informational resources that support older adults and caregivers through interactive online tools and personalized content designed to maximize one’s ability to age in place. Users can browse the site for information on different aging and caregiving topics and can sign up to receive free monthly e-mails tailored to their own interests/needs.
Features of Active Daily Living include:
• Age-In-Place Guides – Free guides to keep one safe, independent and in their own home.
• QuickCare Tips™ – Practical ideas that support functional skills for self-care and maintaining independence.
• Healthcare Navigators™ – Practical advice for seniors and caregivers when interacting with health care providers.
• CareGuide Library – Learn how to handle hundreds of common caregiver situations and concerns.
• Senior Health Newsletter – Personalized, professionally created from topics chosen by YOU!
• Family Caregiver Newsletter – Free monthly articles on Aging-In-Place, Safety and Caregiving.
“We are so happy to be able to offer Active Daily Living as an additional resource to older adults and caregivers. Our mission at Generations is to offer older adults, individuals with disabilities and caregivers options for a better quality of life, and Active Daily Living falls in line perfectly with this mission,” says Generations’ Executive Director, Laura Holscher.
Active Daily Living can be accessed now on the Generations’ website at www.generationsnetwork.org. It is a free resource and is available to anyone who is interested.