The Daviess County Health Department announced on Monday morning the third and fourth confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Daviess County.
DCHD is working closely with the local and state officials to ensure that close contacts of the patients are identified and monitored and that all infection control protocols are being followed.
The patients have been placed in quarantine. No additional information about the patient will be released due to privacy laws.
The best way to protect yourself from any respiratory illness, including the flu, is to:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Go to the following websites for additional information on COVID-19: