Good Samaritan has once again updated visitor restrictions based on local and national COVID-19 data. These new guidelines are for both inpatient and outpatient areas in the hospital, and physician practices.
Beginning June 29, 2020, the following visitation guidelines will be in place:
• Inpatient visitation hours are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Visitors may change throughout the day, but only one visitor per patient at a time in the facility is allowed.
• All visitors must wear the name tag/arm band issued to them at the screening station.
• All visitors must wear a mask at all times and practice social distancing, even in patient rooms.
• Visitors must follow any isolation precautions in place.
• Visitors must be 16 years or older.
• Visitors must practice good hand hygiene by washing their hands and/or using hand sanitizer prior to entering the room and upon leaving.
• Visitors must limit traffic in the hospital and stay in patient room/area or exit the building.
• Visitors accompanying patients in Outpatient Infusion and Medical/Physician Practices must remain with the patient or waiting room and wear a mask.
• Inpatient Behavioral Health patients can have one designated visitor per stay Monday through Sunday from 6 to 8 p.m.
Patients and visitors will still need to be screened before entering the hospital, provider offices and clinics. A detailed visitation policy can be found on Good Samaritan’s website at gshvin.org/coronavirus.