ODON — A pair of fires in northern Daviess County in the early morning hours have left a lot of damage in their wake. The Plainville Fire Department reports it was called out Tuesday morning at 6:28 to a fire at the home of Gary and Emily Wagler at 9030 N CR 725E.
Firefighters say that when they got on the scene the house had flames and smoke showing. They attacked it and managed to limit the damage to an unfinished room and attic.
Although there was no lightning going on at the time of the fire, officials believe that may have been cause. The home owner and his mother both told authorities they could smell something burning for some time before the fire became noticeable. Officials believe the fire smoldered for some time in the upper room before it broke out and became noticeable.
The house is not considered a total loss, but will need repairs before the Wagler’s can return there to live.
Meanwhile an early morning fire in Odon Sunday destroyed a mobile home. Odon Volunteer Fire Fighters say they received a report of smoke in the 200 block of West Walnut. Firefighters arrived to find the mobile home engulfed in flames.
No one was home when the blaze broke out in Odon.
No one was injured fighting the fire.
Odon Fire Officials have requested help in finding the cause from the Indiana Fire Marshal’s Office. The fire remains under investigation.
The mobile home in Odon was considered a total loss.
The Madison Township Volunteer Fire Department assisted on both fires.