The following information has been released by Loogootee Community Schools:
LOOGOOTEE- Loogootee Community Schools is working toward a “Back to
School” plan. Input has been received from many stakeholders during the process.
Parents and Loogootee Schools staff members were surveyed and provided strong
input on many key aspects of how they would like the return to school to look. Building
administrators have been collaborating and working on a plan based on feedback from
parents and school staff members.
The Loogootee Community Schools “Return to School Task Force” met today (June
24th), to review and discuss our developing plan for safely reopening the Loogootee
Schools for the 2020-2021 school year. The Task Force consists of representatives
from Loogootee teaching staff, administrators, food service, nursing, transportation,
custodial and maintenance departments.
Next steps include:
● Submitting the plan to the Martin County Health Department for review and
● Submitting the plan to school attorneys for review and guidance
● Representatives of the Loogootee Education Association (LEA) will meet with
school leaders for discussion
● The Loogootee Community Schools Board of Trustees will participate in an
Executive Session on July 6 to discuss the implementation of school safety
measures in regard to the framework of the plan.
● Members of the Loogootee Community Schools Board of Trustees will meet to
consider approval of the “Back to School Plan” on July 13 in their regular monthly
● A Press Release will go out on July 13th after the board meeting that describes
the “Back to School Plan” in detail.
● Online Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on Wednesday, July
15, 2020. In-person registration information will be distributed in the near future.